Drove into Nashville with my pal Lisa, coming up from Alabama, so of course we had to stop at the truckstop at Cornersville, TN. So close, but still not enough time to go see Bud’s Sterling Bullet and the fainting goats. NEXT TIME.

So hilarious that at least half the shots I come home with now are of everybody face-down in their phones, either taking pix or trading apps!

First one is Kacy Hagerty, on the left, host of WSMV’s More at Midday, getting her shot in at the studio with Deidre and our new friend Dr. Cynthia E. Collins, who has a wellness practice and growing media presence in the region. We had a lot to talk about!

The Union Station Hotel was wonderful about serving me food I could actually eat, like this gorgeous tortilla soup: those are avocado chunks on top.

The Bowman Hall population is expanding!

And then the sun sets on Nashville. Boy, howdy, do we love coming here! Of course every time we say we’re gonna spend MORE time next chance we get, to actually go out and see some stuff, hear some music. NEXT TIME.

Meanwhile, thanks again to all of you cuties who trekked from all over the place to be with us, even for a few crazy minutes, and to meet each other. Thank goodness some of you took some really GOOD pix, which I hope you’ll post; Noelle’s will be up soon, I’m sure. Thanks also to everybody who helped in all kinds of ways, large and small. You’re the best.

1. Lynne,my neighbor,in Cross Plains raises fainting goats and chickens and IDK what all else.

2. THANK YOU, KIM HENDLEY, for commenting on my blog post! That makes ONE!! At least there are two of us in the universe who appreciate chickens and fainting goats.

3. Love the blog. Great pictures! Somehow, twenty-four hours just doesn’t seem like twenty-four hours anymore. You gotta visit Nashville when there’s not a convention. You’ll be free as a bird..

4. After I posted, I had to lol at your comment. Lynne, you’re a mess. πŸ™‚

5. Chanda Camese via Facebook says:

You always find the cutest places to eat. Love the Nashville pics. #goodtimes

6. Kara Betke via Facebook says:

1) I want all of D’s outfits in these pics. Colorful and totally beautiful. 2) So glad everyone there had a blast.. love to see those smiling faces. 3) That soup from Union Station needs to hop right into my mouth and 4) What the heck is this fainting goat stuff? XOXO

7. Kara Betke via Facebook says:

Are they just prima donnas or something? Too hot outside so they just get a little faint? LOL. Too funny πŸ™‚

Agreed about the outfits, Kar! Fainting goats? Huh? Sounds like it was a blast, I’m so glad you all had a good time.:)

9. Dina G says:

This was my first time in Nashville and I loved it. Lynne, I loved meeting you and Deidre. You and Deidre made the weekend such a memorable one.

10. Kristi A says:

Commenting! BAHAHAHAHA!

11. Blakley Huntley via Facebook says:

Wish I could have been there! Next time is becoming my mantra too.

12. How do you get comments on fb to post here?

<3 Thanks for all the pics Lynne!! Beautiful!! xox Stayed at Union Station last year…love that Hotel…love the lobby and have great memories of Kara playing the piano and singing for us. Got to go to the Loveless Cafe this time…yum!!! I've seen vid of fainting goats….omg!!!

14. Kara Betke via Facebook says:

πŸ™‚

15. Chris Dougherty Andres via Facebook says:

You hooked me at the fainting goats! Must google that one. Glad you all had such a good time. And yes, love those bright, colorful outfits!

16. Fainting goats????? Poor little goats! Great pictures and I can’t wait to see more πŸ™‚

17. Lynne, love the blog. Is there anyway you could put deidre outfit in the store. Love the outfit

18. Reading this post, I thought: “oh my God, I want Deidre’s jacket – oh my god, I want that soup – oh my god, what adorable smiling souls – I want to have them all over to my NYC apartment and make that soup and brainstorm about where to buy Diedre’s jacket – then all of us can do our best fainting goat imitation – oh my god, that’s a great band name, ‘fainting goats’!” then I involuntarily visualized a group of goats doing a giant rock number, bleating out epic notes, goat fans fainting in the front row … it’s been a very long day. πŸ˜‰ So glad all ya’ll had a great time. I’ve loved the pictures and videos and stories. Can’t wait to meet you soon, in person. Btw, Lynne, what DOES make the goats faint?

Maaaaaaaa *faints* How’d I dooo?! LOL, lets all do just ^^^ that, sounds fabu! To Kari’s!

I originally saw the fainting goats a few years ago on Tanya Tucker’s reality show, her son and his friend were making the goats ‘faint’ … here is the explanation πŸ™‚ Fainting goat
    Animal breed
    A myotonic goat, otherwise known as the fainting goat, is a domestic goat whose muscles freeze for roughly 10 seconds when the goat feels panic. Though painless, this generally results in the animal collapsing on its side.

That is hilarious lol! And, I would think this would result in less than desirable results when being chased by predators…

22. Great Claudia! Thanks for explaining.. The fainting goats sounds like something a human would do. We have been known to faint when we panic as well. Lol

23. Well, I’m just waking up to this, and I see that your answers are pretty much handled, here, except that D’s coral jacket was Ralph Lauren and I don’t know about the lime green.

24. Looking into D’s lime jacket!

25. Thanks, Claudia! But, oh, those poor goats!
    Brilliant imitation, Destiny. πŸ˜‰
    Thanks for the jacket info, Lynne! I’m with ya on the lime green. I don’t think I can quite pull off that color, or the Ralph Lauren price (eep!), but I bet I can find a jacket just like it in either red or aqua blue. Those are my colors. πŸ˜‰ Thanks again for a wonderful blog post!

26. Thanks, Rose! I think that’s a compliment, but not completely sure. It is, right?

27. Lol…. I said you’re a mess because, if we don’t comment in a timely manner, you think we’re ignoring your blog.. We comment when we can. Thanks for sharing so much with us. Always a compliment, Lynne. We love your blogs. Keep sharing them!

28. Elise says:

Looks fun! Love the license plate wall at the restaurant. The soup looks pretty yummy!

“Fainting sheep, fainting sheep! Where? Where?! I want to see them!”β€”Rangerβ€”the sheep nipper
    (Goats, for some reason, like to “stare down” Ranger. I don’t this that they take him very seriously. He would love it if they would just faint!)

29. LaurieandDeeAnn says:

Thank you, Lynne and Deidre, for all the great photos!! I had a wonderful time in Nashville! So sorry that I missed being in your group photo. We were touring some historic homes on that Friday. πŸ™‚